Benefits to you...
Do I really need a coach?
Only you will know but here are some questions that might help you decide:
- When you feel that you are 'stuck' in certain areas of your work, are you unable to find a way to move past them?
- Do you find yourself having regular internal dialogues about a critical issue, yet you still struggle to find the answer?
- Have you identified a specific change that you want to implement but have been unable to make it happen?
- If you ask yourself the question 'What do I really want?', do you have difficulty in coming up with a clear answer?
If the answer to any or all of those questions is 'yes', then my role as your coach will be to help facilitate the process that will get you to where you want to be and find the answers you need to be able to move on.
What will coaching give me?
- A reason to stop and pause and invest in some quality thinking time.
- Clarity on any specific issues you have been wrestling with for a long time.
- Other perspectives and possibilities that you already knew but hadn't been able to grasp.
- An independent listener who is totally present for you, without judgement, to help you explore your own thoughts.
- A non-directive process that will not impose advice but allow you to 'get out of your own way' and find the solutions that will mean something more.
- It will provide you with the safe space to find out what you do really want and then set a course to find it.
Why will you be the right coach for me?
I don't know that I will yet and I make no assumptions. We are all individuals and only you will know what you like about others. The first and essential step in any prospective coaching relationship would be for us to meet and see if we have a rapport and that we both feel comfortable with the prospect of working closely together. If that meeting doesn't prove fruitful, I would be happy to recommend a coach from my network of peers whose style would be more suitable.
What is the nature of a coaching relationship?
In our first meeting we can agree what will work for you. Sessions are typically between one and two hours in length and can be held face to face at your place of work, home or venue of your choice. It can also be very effective and more convenient for you by phone or over Skype, my preference is for whatever you feel most comfortable with.